Every month we’re blessed with the spiritual energies of the moon—especially when it’s full, and this month’s full moon on May 26th will be one of the most significant moons of the year.
What’s so extraordinary about this full moon is that it’s also a lunar eclipse in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter, the planet of good luck. This powerful cosmic combination supercharges energies allowing us to release what no longer serves us, making room for major positive changes.
Connecting with the moon spiritually has been an ancient ritual practiced around the world for centuries. Correlating intentions and goals with the lunar cycle is a powerful way to harness the mysticism of the moon. It’s a magical time of manifestation.
Here, we listed the five best ways to focus your intentions and manifest with the full moon. Keep reading below to see which practice is for you.
Moon water can be made by placing a glass (not plastic) of water directly outside in the moonlight overnight. Spend a few minutes to intend the water with what you seek to manifest and attract, and place a respective crystal in it to supercharge its powers. If you don’t have a crystal, you can easily write what you want to attract with a pen and paper and place the glass of water on top of it overnight.
Here’s how to use your moon water:
- Drink it slowly over the next few days. With every sip you take, visualize what you are intending to remind yourself of what you want to manifest.
- Cleanse your crystals in the water. If you are unable to get water from a natural source such as an ocean, lake, or natural spring, cleansing crystals with moon water will allow them to refresh, amplifying their power.
- Use it in your skincare routine. Adding a few drops of essential oils, like lavender, for a calming effect will intensify your power. You can use it as a daily spritz for an energizing reset.
Crystals hold a lot of energy and unique qualities. Because it’s common to use crystals daily, it’s important to take the time to cleanse and “charge” them to increase their power. Charging them during a full moon is pivotal as vibrations during this time are heightened, creating a stronger manifestation tool for rituals.
When the world is still, early morning or late night, take time to sit in a quiet area and meditate. While it may be challenging at first to calm and clear your mind, simple breathing practices like the ones mentioned in Hedi E. Spears’ Chakras A Beginner’s Guide to Healing are great ways to enter a meditative state.
Because the lunar eclipse is in Sagittarius, it’s important to practice rituals associated with this sign’s qualities. Repeating positive affirmations like “I aim to attract love and light into my life…” is a great way to manifest intentionally with this zodiac’s energies.
Once you are here, use each of your chakras to magnify your intentions. For example, if you want to manifest a loving relationship.
- Use your Crown Chakra to feel the connection between you and your ideal partner
- Use your Third Eye Chakra to envision what they look like
- Use your Throat Chakra to imagine how you would speak to them
- Use your Heart Chakra to open up the possibility of a loving relationship
- Use your Solar Plexus Chakra to attract them with confidence
- Use your Sacral Chakra to tap into your sensual side to connect with them sexually
- Use your Root Chakra to be grounded and stable in the love you have to offer
Once you finish this exercise, write down exactly what you want to manifest and place it under your pillow with a specified crystal (heart = rose quartz). The connection between the subconscious and conscious mind will allow these positive things to manifest within your life.
“The full moon is the most powerful time of the entire moon cycle” – Sandy Sitron, The Moon Journal
Cleansing during a full moon is a monthly ritual that should be practiced as these vibrations bring a different energy into spaces. Cleansing tools like sage, palo santo, incense, and sound bowls are all different ways to get rid of stagnant and negative vibrations, creating a fresh and positive space to manifest and meditate.
- What has changed negatively in my life that I wish to release?
- What qualities about myself do I wish to get rid of?
- What is holding me back from spiritual growth?
- What is blocking me from my goals?
Once you’re finished, find a safe place to burn the paper, releasing all that is holding you back.