Everything that exists in the world has a unique vibrational frequency –including people. Like the radio, the human body is composed of different frequencies, each aligning with specific chakras. Our frequencies radiate depending on what we are intuned with, and because of this, we can heal our body through the use of singing bowls for sound therapy.
Sound therapy [or sound healing] is an ancient practice that uses crystal bowls to create healing frequencies. Think of it as a personalized song that mentally calms, physically heals, and spiritually elevates.
Healing through sound has been an ancient practice in Eastern cultures for centuries. For example, medicine doctors would use the bowls to unblock arteries and strengthen chakras creating a raised frequency for heightened spiritual awareness.
Here’s everything you need to know about the ancient ayurvedic healing practice.
How Does it Work?
Singing bowls can be made from metal or quartz crystal, as it’s understood that these specific properties have the ability to balance electromagnetic fields. However, quartz crystals bowls are preferred for most practices because the quartz naturally contains the seven colors of the rainbow, which connect to the seven chakras throughout the body.
How Does it Align With Chakras?
Each of our seven chakras has a direct color, symbol, and vibration that resonates with its frequency. The crystal bowls, which come in a set of seven but can be purchased individually, are all tuned to these specific frequencies. When played, the sound heals, strengthens, and balances the chakras.
- Note (C) – Root Chakra – Groundedness and stability.
- Note (D) – Sacral Chakra – Sexuality and creativity.
- Note (E) – Solar Plexus – Confidence and strength.
- Note (F) – Heart – Love and romantic relationships.
- Note (G) – Throat Chakra – Healthy communication skills.
- Note (A) – Third Eye – Awakened intuition.
- Note (B) – Crown Chakra – Higher connection to spirituality.
The size of the bowl also plays a role in the sound it emits. Larger bowls produce a deeper grounding sound suitable for the lower chakras. While the smaller ones have a high-pitched sound resonating with the higher chakras.
How To Play Your Singing Bowl?
Connecting with the bowl is key in making it sing, as it takes a few tries to hear a resonating sound.
- Find a quiet and still place that has been spiritually cleansed with sage or incense.
- For larger bowls, place it on a flat surface to balance it, and for smaller bowls, use the palm of your hand to feel the vibration.
- Using the stick, tap the bowl to awaken its frequency and allow it to sing.
- Then, gently trace alongside the circumference of the bowl until it sings at its highest frequency.
What Are The Healing Properties?
Vibrational sounds can adjust any imbalance affecting our physical and emotional well-being. Because of this, crystal sound therapy can re-energize chakras, auric fields, and physical ailments within the body. Benefits include:
- Increased mental clarity
- Stimulated immune system
- Chakra cleansing and balancing
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Lowered blood pressure
- Deep relaxation and pain relief
- Improved sleeping patterns